Monday, July 4, 2011

Beat the HEAT!!!

7-4-11: Happy 4th to all! Hope you're staying cool and safe out there this holiday weekend. Sizzling temps in the forecast. Went for a mtn. bike ride this AM at 6:30 AM and by 7:00 AM, it was already hot!!!

So I'm thinking that we may need to make a DRASTIC change to the Team Cycle Fit schedule and leave a LOT earlier in the AM to beat the heat. I don't want anyone having a heat stroke while out on Team CycleFit rides, so here's what I'm thinking:

We meet at 6:30 AM and leave by 6:45 AM! That would be for BOTH the bike path rides and the mountain bike rides.

I know that's very early, especially if you have kids, but it's just getting too hot out there and risky to be out exercising after 8:00 AM so I'm going to make this schedule change, starting with our July 10 ride.

So in summary, here's our schedule:

ROAD/PAVED BIKE PATH
Where: Bike Path behind Souplantation
Dates: July 10, July 24 (2nd and 4th Sundays of each month)
Time: Meet - 6:30 AM, leave by 6:45 AM onto path

OFF-ROAD/DIRT FIRE ROADS
Where: Hulda Crooks Park (Exit Mountain View off I-10, head South (away from mountains. Mountain View leads right into Hulda Crooks Park, head left to lower parking lot...I park next to tennis courts tho there is parking at start of trailhead)
Dates: Most weekday AMs, non-bike path Sundays (Check twitter or text (909-747-5935) me around 6:00 AM to confirm if I'm going that AM)
Time: Meet - 6:30 AM; leave when ready!
Level of ride: Beginner - we go up Scott's Ridge, loop about 2.5 miles. Will give tips on how to ride in the dirt if you're new to off-road riding.

I bring Roxy, our bigger dog, on these rides, so if you have pets, feel free!

Feel free to join us on the paved path or the dirt-both are fun!

Have a safe and happy 4th!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment