Friday, August 21, 2009

Glidecycle: newest invention for walking/running!


Welcome to this new blog for those who promote physical activity. I will be posting things that deal with physical activity in general here, so stay tuned!

For my first post, I want to write about a new company that just opened up earlier this year with an invention that allows those who can't walk or run, to do so! Whether they are an amputee, stroke pt, have bad knees or sore back, or are just overweight and it's hard to walk, much less run, well this device will allow all these types of folks to walk or run again!

Here's a picture of Bill, posing with the GlideCycle at a disability expo. Thx for the picture, Bill!

Check it out here at their website and you can see a lot of video clips of the Glidecycle in action:

http://www.glidecycle.com/

I'm looking forward to demo'ing it very soon, and will post pictures and video of those sessions. I know, it looks "different" than what we've ever seen before, but from what I've read and seen on their website, it works! (When the bicycle first came out, everyone thought that was the most strangest device ever!)

No comments:

Post a Comment