Friday, October 12, 2012

Sugar is deadly!!!

10-12-12: From time to time, I stray from purely physical activity and post other things, especially if those things would affect your ability to be physically active..and what would hinder that more than DEATH?!?

So this is a post about how SUGAR is deadly!!! Check out these 2 video clips about sugar and let me know what you think.

"Toxic Sugar: Dr. Lustig on 60 Mins with Dr. Gupta"
http://youtu.be/ELTldYccY1U

"The Real Polar Bears" (The commercials Coca-cola doesn't want you to see!)
http://youtu.be/myxwCEGcBYc

Do you think that sugar is really this bad? Is it something that is ok to eat in "moderation"? And if so, what exactly is moderation?

If you're still not sure, I encourage you to read Mark Hyman, MD's book, The Blood Sugar Solution. You can read more about it here. His book has really changed my view on sugar and the other "5 Bad Guys" that I talk about in my classes and to my patients...and he also talks about them in-depth in his book. They are at the root of inflammation and insulin resistance in the body!!!

Oh yeah, and so is being a couch potato...;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment